Thursday, March 13, 2008

Daily Miracle Grow-Better Than Fertilizer

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Have you ever been lost? I mean really lost? Like on your way to a new place...and lost!

Steve and I used to go snow skiing every winter. I have to tell you a little secret about snow skiing...not many females LOVE it the first time...or at least like their man loves it! And NEVER EVER learn to ski or expect it to be easy if you're a chunk!

Snow boots are meant to keep you from breaking your leg....but they are not made for large calves....you cannot wear the largest ski suit in town (which I have experienced that...trust me) and expect your ski boots to fit comfortably on your calves. Enemy camps ought to think about new forms of torture...one being panty hose put on crooked where your leg joins your torso...and ski boots on large calves...either one will completely cut off all circulation to your lower extremities....and where you might believe numbness does not hurt...you are nuts...it hurts really, really bad.

I have to confess to you that I have no sense of direction...and get so turned around and be completely lost in just a matter of a few turns....very few turns.

I can completely lose my car in a parking lot after having parked the thing just a mere hour before. My goal is to NEVER look lost....wander around like you know where your headed. Trust me, I always look lost.

All those years that we went to Winter Park Colorado...all those years that I skied down the same trails, cautiously, scared to death, to this day, the ONLY way I could find my way down would be to follow the rear end of the man I followed all those years....I was very familiar with that particular view of his body and as long as I could see that side of him...I was fine! But let him get out of my sight, I would completely panic.

Ever remember being lost when you were little? Of all my kids, Amber was the one I always lost. She never had any fear of being separated from me....and she always took off. I spent half my time in a frantic search for that little darling and then would drag her out of the store ready to kill her...

I remember Steve and I looking for one of ours in a grocery store, kind of knowing that they had to be on an aisle or two over....so we would sneak around just to see their expression on their face when they realized how lost they really were.... We laughed at the time, but it really wasn't funny to see that look of total terror when they realized they couldn't see us.

This morning I was reading in Psalm 31...it starts out just like us when we are pretty secure in our surroundings....got our moms and dads on the same aisle with us....verse 21

"Praise be to the Lord for He showed His wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city...."

Then we see the separation anxiety that comes in when we lose sight of our protector....all of which transpires in one verse...going from safety to panic

"In my alarm I said, "I AM CUT OFF FROM YOUR SIGHT!!!!!"

There we are, we lose sight of God, our fortress, our protector, our deliverance....

Then, "YET you heard my cry for mercy when I called to you for help!"

Remember the relief we felt when we were "found" in those days of our youth. Remember the look on that lost child's face when he saw you peeking around the end of the aisle...and how they cried in relief when you picked them up and told them, "That's why you must always stay with us."

Just as we were never far from those lost children....God is not far from us....it is us who head off in wrong directions...

Then in verse 23 it says, "Love the Lord all His saints! The Lord PRESERVES the faithful, but the proud He pays back in full.

"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord."

We must keep sight of the Lord....We must remember where our help comes from....where our strength lies...our hope lies...

Stay on the same aisle as God...in fact never pull your hand out of His.... I always knew where Amber was when I kept a deathgrip on her hand....now believe me, we had some major tug of wars...but she never got lost when she kept her hand in mine....

Try to keep your hand in His....don't pull your hand out thinking that you have the plan in your life that will work...will fix things...we get in so much trouble when we find ourselves on a different aisle than God is.

I love you all so much. I am so thankful to have found this garden of strength...

Kathy

No comments: